In a world where drama is celebrated more than compassion, how do you Stay Happy?
Some people will tell you it’s impossible. Those people are probably sitting at home with a bag of chips watching tv instead of working towards their goals.
It really IS possible, and it’s a lot easier than you think. Read on.
Take a few minutes and ask yourself these questions:
1) Have you sat down and really thought about your life?
- What goals you have?
- What kind of career or work do you want to have?
- What kind of people do you want to surround yourself with?
2) Do you have any plans set out to reach your goals? 1, 2, 5 or 10 year plans?
3) What do you do every day that brings you joy?
4) Do you wake up every morning wishing you didn’t leave the house, or do you look forward to your day and accomplishing your goals?
5) Do you go to work every morning dreading the day and wishing for the weekend, or do you have a career that you love?
You might ask: Ok, That’s great, but how do I get there?
Those are just a few things I would ask myself to see if I’m really, truly happy or not. Of course, there are many more ways to find that out, we are just scratching the surface here.
I’ve recently been going over my top 5 goals in life. What I want my life to look like, the kind of person I want to be etc.
- FINANCIAL FREEDOM – to be debt free & not living paycheque to paycheque.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS – to be healthy and in shape, making regular exercise a part of my daily life.
- EAT HEALTHY & BE 100% VEGAN – to have better health & wellness, living compassionately
- BE HAPPY & LOVED – to improve quality of life, general well being, and sleep, while reducing stress levels and negativity. Who doesn’t want that?
- LIVE SIMPLY AND MINIMALLY – to live within my means, buy and use only what I need, have a neat and organized home with minimal clutter or excess – reducing stress, wasted time, and money 🙂
Now that I’ve shared my personal goals with you, I hope that that will help you in sorting out your own goals.
I have spent a lot of time thinking about what makes me Happy, and what doesn’t. The best days I have are the ones where I am spending time with caring and supportive friends or family. People who share similar goals and hopes in life. These are the people who will help you achieve your goals, amd support you on your journey.
I take some time each night and plan out what I need to do the next day. Waking up and starting my day with positive thoughts and affirmations has been life changing.
I don’t give my attention to situations or people who bring me down, or take me away from achieving my goals. Why? Because this is my time, valuable time which I could otherwise be spending reaching my goals. For instance: Imagine you want to get married, have kids, and find your soulmate. Why spend your time with someone who only wants to casually date you and have a fling, when you could be spending time with someone who makes you extremely happy, treats you well and has the same goals as you? You see my point. Once time is lost, it can never be found again. So, if you care about your goals, spend your time wisely.
Each day I try to plan my activities and tasks accordingly, so that I maximize my efficiency. I also don’t forget to plan in some fun things 🙂 Taking my dogs for a walk, going for coffee with good friends, and meeting new people are all things I like to do regularly. Life can’t be all serious, without some relaxing. In all reality though, when you are Happy and you Love your life, each day becomes wonderful, and the things we need to do aren’t a burden, they are part of a great day. Anything I can do to help myself reach my goals is something I like to do 🙂
I am making it my mission to be a Happy person every day. I want to Live my Life in Favorites – This is a really fun concept I have planned out recently. Why keep your favorite things in the closet or cupboard only for special occasions? I personally love wearing my favorite clothes, perfumes, lotions etc. Why spend your days wearing regular things when you could spend each day in your favorites? #LiveLifeinFavorites
Let me know how you have planned out your ideal life. Here’s to a great day 🙂