Good morning readers!
I am writing today about my daily routine. Part of this is going to be blogging daily, so cheers to a fresh start!
Some benefits of creating a strong daily routine are:
- Routine provides us with a sense of structure – you have order and organization in your life, you are in control
- Building strong and healthy habits -repeating positive and rewarding actions daily helps you create healthy habits that will last a lifetime
- Productivity and efficiency increase – being focused and organized helps you minimize distractions and concentrate on completing tasks (one at a time, not multitasking)
- We become really good at what we do – repeating tasks daily helps us save time by not letting tasks pile up, and we don’t have to search for motivation because having an established routine means we act on autopilot
- We start our day with clarity and calmness – writing out the thoughts that clutter our minds each morning by using the Morning Pages technique helps us start our day with clarity and calmness because we can focus on our priorities, not our “monkey mind” and scattered thoughts – because those have all been written down and released
Something that helps me work on solidifying my routine is having one list of things I want to achieve daily. I have this written in one place, and I have a daily checklist which I complete. I have previously had multiple checklists in different programs, and it simply creates more work, and hampers my efficiency in getting things done daily. Having to remember where I’ve written something creates stress and confusion, so I strongly suggest writing everything in one book, or using one app if you prefer electronic based lists.
This morning I just started writing my morning pages, while having tea and breakfast. If you don’t know what morning pages are, they are a brain dump of all of the cluttering thoughts in your mind. Getting these out on paper first thing in the morning helps you have clarity and prepare better for your day. So far, I absolutely love it! This process was created by Julia Cameron, and she describes them HERE.
Another bonus of having a routine is that once we have completed our tasks, we can spend more time working on other projects. I’d love to spend some time taking photography classes, or traveling more. I’d also like to complete my Healthy Habit Challenge program and Smoothie E-Book – I can’t wait to finish these so I can share them with you!
Even though you may not complete your checklist each day, keep going, because a step forward means you are a step ahead. If you didn’t even attempt to complete your list, you are falling behind and tasks are piling up. So, working on establishing a routine will help you reach your goals faster and more efficiently.
Daily actions help create long term-term habits – what are you working on today?